Use code Jake at Hosturly for 10% off
Setting up Jake Hamblin products is a relatively simple process, however, it does require some work. You can choose to either use shared hosting or you can use a VPS. The steps for setting up a VPS aren't provided in this guide, however, you should be able to setup a LAMP stack and follow the same relative principles for the setup. If you're using shared hosting, this guide discusses how to set everything up with Hosturly.
Acquiring a Domain
To be able to setup shared hosting, you need to purchase a domain. I would recommend Namecheap, however, you could also use Hosturly. This specific section of the documentation describes setting everything up with Namecheap as purchasing a domain through Hosturly doesn't need this step.
- Head over to Namecheap.
- Purchase a domain by looking up your specific domain in the input box on the main page.
- Click your name in the top left and click "Dashboard".
- Find the domain you just purchased and click "Manage".
- In the "NAMESERVERS" section, change the type from "Namecheap BasicDNS" to "Custom DNS".
- Put the following nameservers in:
- Click the green checkmark in the top right.
Purchasing hosting is a little more simple process than purchasing a domain as we've already done the difficult part of setting nameservers.
- Head over to Hosturly and click "Web" and "Web Hosting"
- Choose between the "Beginner" and "Professional" plans. NOTE: "Beginner" is good for people using any products other than CDN System and Store System. If you're using Store System or CDN System, get the "Professional" plan.
- Click "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers" (If you're purchasing a domain through Hosturly, remain on the "Register a new domain" tab).
- Click "Continue" at the "Configure" screen (you do not need a dedicated IP).
- Type the promo code
JAKE in for 10% off and then click "Checkout".
- You will need to provide your personal information, along with setting a way to complete payment.
- Click "Complete Order". You will have an email from Hosturly that is called "New Account Information" that will give you your cPanel login details.